Starting in 2003 through 2006 I posted a year in review list on my Open Diary. Same list every year, different answers. I did not post a year in review list in 2007 or 2008.
I am pleased to present
Jenny’s Year In Review 2009
1.What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Joined Courage HandiHam Systems and started studying for my amateur radio license. Installed an O/S upgrade on my Mac. Started a work out program.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next
Last year, as in years past I did not make any resolutions. However, this coming year my only one is to get healthy. I don’t want to end up like my dad who is going to die early because of his bad choices in health. I must be here for Larry and my kids… There is no question about keeping this. It is a MUST.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Friend from high school gave birth. She had a daughter. and that’s all I can think of. Last year was a boom year. Me and two or three of my friends gave birth in 2008.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Not that I am aware of thank God.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Less clutter and mess in wherever we wind up living when we move to Wichita. A cleaner house and more healthy food to eat.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
25 June as Michale Jackson died. It was all over the news for weeks and weeks. He was a very very larger than life pop music star. 2998 was a bad year for stars and such we lost a lot of people. August 7 as that’s about the time Larry said we would move to Wichita after our lease was up. 11 September, Skye’s 3rd Birthday as that is also when I got my Snow Leopard O/S upgrade for the mac. We didn’t do a thing on Ben’s first birthday, 3 September. Still makes me sad to think about it although we did have a big party for Skye and Benny a few weeks later. 6 November as we finally got the new NLS Digital Talking Book Player. Christmas Eve as we got a huge blizzard.
9. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Larry and I finally got Skye mostly potty trined!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
In March and again in October the whole family got some nasty flu thing. In October we had to take Ben to hospital and they kept him over night but he was fine...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, Larry bought it for me, an iPod. Oh we also got a new kitchen table and chairs and one of those sky chairs at the renfest.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Skye as she learned so much, namely using the potty and Larry for moving us back to my hometown so I won’t be so alone and will have family close by in case I need help.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Amy, the girls’ mom for many many many reasons and Kenzie’s because she did a lot of stuff at the summer. Happy to say Kenzie is doing much much better now.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I wish I knew… We are trying to figure this out because we shouldn’t be having so many problems with being broke. My personal money that I get to keep and spend on what I want went to iTunes, Audible, Walmart or to get stuff for the toddlers.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
1. moving to Wichita in the summer of 2010
2. getting digital talking book player
3. getting iPod
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Oh dear God. One 21 guns by greenday another one by them I think or maybe it is someone else “I’ll give you hell” and this thing by the ting tinges called “That’s Not My Name” Autumn played these so many times this past year tat they are going to be in my head forever and ever. unless I go demented and forget everything bout my life.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
o Happier or sadder? lightly sadder but hopeful
o Thinner or fatter? fatter but not for long.
o Richer or poorer? Broke ass hell LOL hopefully this will change for the better too.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Enjoying the good times
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? being bitchy and grumpy
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We had a big blizzard. Just watched the toddlers while Larry was at work at walmart. when he got home just hung around and watched a christmas story then stayed up putting the toys santa brought together. I guess it is easier or santa to bring the toys all packed up leaving us to put them together.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2009?
When Kenzie’s now ex-boyfriend’s dad came to our house and told us she and the boyfriend got cought doing stuff they had no business doing. I didn’t know what to do. I was dying of shame and wasn’t sure what to do.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes. I can not get my head around how much I can love Skye and Benjie. They are so very just wow. Also, even though we sometimes don’t get on well, I love and am thankful for Larry because he works hard to take care of us and try hard to make me happy and the girls because despite the bumps in the road the pair of them are turning out to be really awesome young ladies.
23. How many one-night stands? None,
24. What was your favorite TV program? Intervention, Supernanny, Bridezilla
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not so much hate but strongly dislike some of the things the girls’ mom has or is doing like ringing my phone and sounding like a mega super bitch on my VM and Larry not doing anything about it.
26. What was the best book you read?
“Jesus land” but I forget who wrote it. or “Stickfigure: A Diary of my former self”
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Och paella music. Okay I’ve always liked it, loved singing it when I was involved with vocal music but after buying Ben Folds’s album with university groups I think it is super cool
28. What did you want and get?
Speaking iPod and external T drive
29. What did you want and not get?
Speaking iPhone, home loan.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Don’t remember seeing any films that came out this year but I watched Sesson 9 and oh that reminds me about the books another one I read that was good was “Project 17”
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were You?
I turned 32. Spent the day watching the toddlers and the girls, watched old tav adverts on youtube and had turkey dinner for dinner.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having less clutter in the house. Having a social, hell a life outside the hose haven’t been out sense the end of November…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
What? Personal Fassion Consept? PJ pants and T-shirts for the most part or t-shirt and jeans. Oh I can dress up but am most comfortable in PJ pants and T-shirts.
34. What kept you sane?
FaceBook because I made new friends and am in touch with old ones and in touch with family. iTunes and audiobooks.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ben Folds and Sufjan Stevens.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Was busy bringing up the kids so didn’t really pay much mind...
37. Who did you miss?.
My sister Katie who;s been dead for two going on three years now and my friends eva Janae, billy chelle and brina and anyone else I forgot LOL
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I’ve made many new friends and found old friends via facebook they are all very wonderful :-)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I should be more like Skye and Benjie. For the most part they are happy, everything is interesting and sometimes it is okay to cry and have a fit, as lon as you go to your room to do it and come out in a better mood.